[mythtv-users] mythcommflag of imported mpgs causes incorrect length display

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 01:49:27 UTC 2007

I am taking files from the recordings directory and copying them to
the directory for videos (on a different hard disk with more space,
sort of an archive). I then use mythcommflag to rebuild the
seektables. The recordings then show up as the wrong length, and
seeking is erratic.
The recording is made up of several seperate ones that I want
togeather, all from an HD 720p feed.

I've tried many ways and none give the correct result.

Copy one .mpg file and run mythcommflag, the length changes from about
3.5 hours to twice that and you can't seek beyond about 1/2 way
correctly. The file length and seeking are fine if it is played as a
recording from the original location.

Use projectx to join 4 files with a total length of about 5 hours and
the length changes to just over an hour and seeking does not work
except in large time skips. This seems the same if I copy them using
PID copy or if I use to .ts. Before mythcommflag, the first seeks
incorrectly and the second seeks correctly but slowly with the correct
length shown. After both act more or less the same showing a little
over an hour and not seeking except in large time chunks.

I'm running the atrpms version mythtv-0.20-152.fc6.at (64 bit).

Any ideas what is happening?

Thanks,

Mark.