[mythtv-users] One More Try - Bad Sound with Antenna

Geoff Scott geoff.scott.mail at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 18:06:43 UTC 2007

> You need to determine if the "noise" is actually being recorded in
> the MPEG stream, or if you are getting problems playing back what is
> actually a good recording.
>
> You can attack this in a couple of ways. Playing back a "known good"
> MPEG recording or playing back your "bad" recording with a know good
> method.
>
> I suspect your audio output setup is not correct, but anything is
> possible. Are you sure you have NTSC/PAL set correctly? I don't know
> where you are, gmail could be anywhere, but your spelling "analog"
> makes me suspect you are a yank.

I moved a capture over (from cat /dev/video0) to a windoze box and
played it back on that machine.  Same exact thing.

I will add, that "under" the digital white noise, I can barely make
out the sound.  It seems like it's there, but there's a bunch of other
stuff there too.

I also checked and confirmed it is set to NTSC... I am indeed a
yank... pulling hair out over here :D

gs