[mythtv-users] Using external sound mixer, remote, and focus

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Thu Feb 15 06:00:33 UTC 2007

Nick,

Thank you for responding.
> Have you got irexec running in the background with your lircrc file?

Yes, I do.
> irexec should work regardless of focus

Maybe it should but I'm not sure that it does.

I've noticed that if I start mythfrontend, and then I use my mouse to
switch to another program, then I lose the ability to navigate through
menus in mythfrontend with the arrow keys on my remote. Although I can
still do some buttons, like the "back" button to escape out of screens.

> You could also add
> some debugging to the volume script to determine whether it is
> actually being called when you use your volume buttons.
This would be ideal, but I don't know anything about the language of the
script, so I'm unable to create debugging output on my own.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft