[mythtv-users] Using external sound mixer, remote, and focus

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 08:14:17 UTC 2007

On 12/02/07, Dave M G <martin at autotelic.com> wrote:

> I suspect that it's something to do with the remote, in the sense that
> it seems to not be able to handle requests for one program when another
> program has focus.
>
> So once mythtv has focus, commands from the remote that are targeted at
> the irexec program don't get picked up. This would cut off any chance
> for the external audio script to receive any commands. Am I on the right
> track?

Have you got irexec running in the background with your lircrc file?
irexec should work regardless of focus - this is how I control
mythfrontend if I need to restart it if it hangs. You could also add
some debugging to the volume script to determine whether it is
actually being called when you use your volume buttons.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/