[mythtv-users] 24 Fox HD - scheduling issue

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 23:29:53 UTC 2007

On 14/02/07, Gary M <garymcm at gmail.com> wrote:

> I proceeded to change the scheduled recording in a multitude of ways,
> but each time it felt the episode has been recorded before. I used
> various title and description combinations for dupe matching, though
> 24's title includes the hour of the day covered in that episode, so
> title in theory should be unique.

In your listings data, does the title include the episode's duration,
or the subtitle? Are you using subtitle plus description duplicate
matching?

> The only thing I found that looked odd was that in the bottom right of
> the "Previously Scheduled Airings" list there is a EPG string. For the
> episode in question that string ended in 038. However last week's
> episode ended in 039. I checked a few other programs I record and that
> string increments for each new episode. In fact this episode of 24 was
> the first time I saw the value decrement for the newer episode.

If you look further back for '24' episodes, is there an even earlier
episode with 038 in the string? If you look forward to upcoming '24'
episodes, are the numbers incremented in an obvious manner?

> I have been a myth user for a couple of years and this is the first
> time I have had this problem. Any help understanding what happened
> would be appreciated. I did notice that next week's is in the Upcoming
> List and is scheduled to be recorded.

Separate from the missed recording, I'm guessing this rule was not
place for the 24 season premiere episodes of the 4 shows over 2
nights?

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: