[mythtv-users] How to change the mythtv choice item into checkbox type?

Chris Rouch chris.rouch at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 16:49:48 UTC 2007

On 2/12/07, Xi Jiarong <XiJiarong at sp.edu.sg> wrote:

> hello
>  I want to change mythtv itme choice into checkbox type, for example:
>  I add such choice as Political news, Entertainment news, Sports news;
>  when user see those choice items, he/she can choose one or two or three of
> them as checkbox type, and after then just those the user has chosed would
> be shown on screen, and the user also can return to choose once more.
>  How to change the current type of choice item into checkbox type?

If I understand your question, you can do something like this using
recording groups, and then set the left hand pane of the recorded
programs list to only show recording groups. Then in the left pane
you'll see your arbitrary categories, and as you scroll through the
list the programs in this category will be shown in the right hand
pane.

The recording group you set as you schedule the recording and the view
you set in the "View Recordings (Recording Groups)" setup page.

Regards,

Chris