[mythtv-users] Backend always recording duplicates.

Nathan Caldwell saintdev at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 01:55:19 UTC 2007

On 2/13/07, Bruce Markey <bjm at lvcm.com> wrote:
> Nathan Caldwell wrote:
> > Hi, I'm having a problem where myth wants to record every showing of
> > certain programs, even though I've told it not to record duplicates,
>
> The three examples you've shown all have recstatus -3, rsRecorded
> but duplicate 0, false. Rows with a status other than recorded
> should have 0 except for things marked as Never Record. All
> recorded shows should have 1 unless '...allow re-record' or
> 'Forget previous' were chosen.
>
> On mythfrontend's "Previously Recorded" page, you should find
> these examples marked as "Record All -- Re-Record". Press Enter
> for a button to change this.
>
> mysql> select recstatus,duplicate,title from oldrecorded where recstatus=-3;
>
> should have almost all "1" for duplicate. If they are almost all
> zero for what ever reason, you can reset then all by:
>
> mysql> update oldrecorded set duplicate=1 where recstatus=-3;
>
> New recordings should have the dup flag set to 1 unless there
> is something seriously wrong on your system.

Thanks Bruce.
That worked, but a strange side effect. I changed the one episode to
never record, just like you said and now it doesn't want to record ANY
of the duplicates for the programs I have marked not to. It's like
just changing that went through all the others correcting them as well
Could this possibly be a problem with mythweb? That's what I've been
using to deactivate these shows, could it be incorrectly updating the
database?

-Nathan