[mythtv-users] Backend always recording duplicates.

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed Feb 14 01:21:44 UTC 2007

Nathan Caldwell wrote:
> Hi, I'm having a problem where myth wants to record every showing of
> certain programs, even though I've told it not to record duplicates,

The three examples you've shown all have recstatus -3, rsRecorded
but duplicate 0, false. Rows with a status other than recorded
should have 0 except for things marked as Never Record. All
recorded shows should have 1 unless '...allow re-record' or
'Forget previous' were chosen.

On mythfrontend's "Previously Recorded" page, you should find
these examples marked as "Record All -- Re-Record". Press Enter
for a button to change this.

mysql> select recstatus,duplicate,title from oldrecorded where recstatus=-3;

should have almost all "1" for duplicate. If they are almost all
zero for what ever reason, you can reset then all by:

mysql> update oldrecorded set duplicate=1 where recstatus=-3;

New recordings should have the dup flag set to 1 unless there
is something seriously wrong on your system.

--  bjm