[mythtv-users] proxying MythWeb

Mattias Holmlund mattias.holmlund at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 19:53:13 UTC 2007

On 2/13/07, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca> wrote:

> Errr. maybe I'm having a bit of a brain cramp, but when I try to proxy my
> MythWeb machine through Apache with
>
>     ProxyPass           /tv/    http://tv/mythweb/
>     ProxyPassReverse    /tv/    http://tv/mythweb/
>     ProxyPass           /tv     http://tv/mythweb/
>     ProxyPassReverse    /tv     http://tv/mythweb/
>
> I get the page, but no graphics or formatting. I'm copy/pasting from a proxy I
> have already, so a bit quizzical at the moment.

mythweb specifies some urls as "/mythweb/...". Your browser will then
try to fetch /mythweb/... from your proxy-server which will fail. The
easiest solution is to use the url /mythweb on your proxy-server as
well:

ProxyPass           /mythweb/    http://tv/mythweb/
ProxyPassReverse    /mythweb/    http://tv/mythweb/
ProxyPass           /mythweb     http://tv/mythweb/
ProxyPassReverse    /mythweb     http://tv/mythweb/

Proxying like this is very fragile and only works if the application
is written with relative urls only. With the above trick, you can make
mythweb work, but expect problems each time you try to proxy a new
application.

/Mattias
--
Mattias Holmlund