[mythtv-users] Recording stopped working - IVTV?

David Engel david at istwok.net
Mon Feb 12 03:18:41 UTC 2007

On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 09:33:44PM -0500, Doug Haber wrote:
> It turns out that the DB had my PVR 350 inputname as "Tuner 0" instead
> of "Tuner 1" in the card input table.

What version of ivtv did you upgram from?  The input names were
changed in 0.6.x to be consistent with the rest of the v4l subsystem.

> I had removed it using
> mythtv-setup, and replaced it, but somehow the db ended up with two
> rows.  I updated the old one to "Tuner 1", and it successfully recorded
> a show, but now I'm nervous that something will get confused since there
> are more rows than there are actual tuners.

Stop your backend and re-run mythtv-setup.  In mythtv-setup, delete
all your capture cards, then add them back and connect the inputs to
the correct video sources.  Exit mythtv-setup and restart your
backend.

David
--
David Engel