[mythtv-users] Anyone got DVB under Xen?

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Mon Feb 12 02:31:46 UTC 2007

Hi folks.

Just wondering if anyone has managed to get DVB reception working in a
Xen domU?

Xen doesn't support USB access from domUs but I thought I'd sneakily try
slotting in a USB PCI card and assigning the PCI card to the domU.  It
seems to work but when I try to load the firmware I get an error
claiming the firmware isn't available (it is, in both /lib/firmware and
/use/lib/hotplug/firmware) :

Feb 12 02:27:03 mythtv kernel: dvb-usb: found a 'WideView WT-220U
PenType Receiver (Typhoon/Freecom)' in cold state, will try to load a
firmware
Feb 12 02:27:13 mythtv kernel: dvb-usb: did not find the firmware file.
(dvb-usb-wt220u-02.fw) Please see linux/Documentation/dvb/ for more
details on firmware-problems. (-2)

Any ideas, or am I just being much too sneaky trying to get this working
under Xen?  Much prefer to have it running under Xen so I can do other
things with the machine while the MythTV instance doesn't change with
every modification I make elsewhere.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

 "If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange
  apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But
  if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange
  these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas."
- George Bernard Shaw