[mythtv-users] Installing Myth on a Centos server

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Sat Feb 10 17:04:04 UTC 2007

On 10 Feb 2007, at 16:21, Gil Steidle wrote:
> I am trying to build my first pvr using centos, mythtv, and a
> hauppauge 350 card. When I run mythtv-setup and tell it to use the
> mpeg2 pvr-x50 card it tells me: Probed info failed to open.

What does `lspci -v` say for this card?
By default this command will give quite a lot of info for all the PCI
cards in the system, so just copy the relevant part for the Hauppauge.

What does `lsmod` say?

> uname -a
> Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.9-42.0.8.EL #1 Tue Jan 30 12:10:22
> EST 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

This is not a very recent kernel, so you might be advised to upgrade
to the latest 2.6.19 kernel to see if the drivers for your card have
improved.

Stroller.