[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase problem

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Feb 8 17:35:43 UTC 2007

On 02/02/2007 02:54 PM, Michael James Hauan wrote:
> I'm running SuSE 10.1 with MythTV 0.20-14.  Everything is installed and
> working except mythfilldatabase, which always fails and reports a
> variant of the following when run:
> Failed writing HTTP request: Bad file descriptor.

Looks like the user running mfdb doesn't have access to the /tmp
directory on the filesystem or something is messing with mfdb's temp
files...

Also, as a first step, make sure you have wget 1.10+ installed (only
required for DataDirect users, so others please don't "correct" me on
this one) or mfdb will fail (although I don't remember the error
message, so I'm not willing to say that's the cause of this problem).

Mike