[mythtv-users] Where to get a S/PDIF adapter?

Mr. Myth mythtv at blandford.net
Fri Feb 2 20:26:03 UTC 2007

>> I don't have a Biostar motherboard, but I do have 3-pin S/PDIF connector
>> on my motherboard.  Another person on the list referred me to this URL:
>> http://www.vidabox.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=9
>>
>> It is a three pin S/PDIF connector where the individual pins can be
>> re-arranged to match your motherboard configuration.
>>
>> I just ordered one.. figured I would give it a shot. :)

I bought one of these based on the recommendation from the mailing
list.  I have a SPDIF header on my ASUS A8N-CSM motherboard.  I did have
to separate out one of the wires because my connector is essentially 4
pins wide but it works well.

I have a really short case and the ASUS adapter was full height only.
With this one I could cut down the bracket and make it fit in a half
height slot.

Thanks.

Michael