[mythtv-users] Baby Steps - Weening off of TiVo

Monkey Pet monkeypet at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 08:13:16 UTC 2007

On 2/7/07, mythtvster <mythtvster at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am ready to take the plunge and build myself a MythTV system.  I am sure
> there are people who are sick of newcomers asking the same questions over
> and over but if you will be patient with me I might actually get this
> accomplished.
>
> 1. I am a Linux neophyte with my only experience upgrading my TiVo hard
> drive.  I would like to take small steps with getting my hands dirty so an
> easy/user friendly distro would be welcome.  KnopixMyth?

Any distro will be okay.  Don't take the easy path, the journey is worth
it!  I personally like fedora others stand by ubuntu as far as distro goes.
There are many many step-by-step guides that will help you on your journey
to a tivo free existance.  BYOB.

2. What is a time tested hardware configuration for a TiVo type of