[mythtv-users] TV Recommendations

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 21:00:02 UTC 2007

On 2/7/07, David Brodbeck <gull at gull.us> wrote:
> Steven Adeff wrote:
> > Of course, ot everyone can have a room with the lighting (or lack
> > thereof) requirements required for front projection. But I agree, if I
> > could have a room dedicated for a front projector that would be the
> > way to go.
> >

> The thing is, the rear projection sets I've seen have almost as many
> problems with lighting as front projection.  If you've got any light in
> the room the black level goes to pot, and sunlight washes them out.  I
> don't really see the attraction, except for them being cheaper than a
> flat panel for the same screen size.

that shouldn't be the case. I can't say your wrong, since it was your
eyes, but from what I've seen at my friends (who has both, though its
only a computer projector so the quality is bad) the rear projector
holds its blacks *much* better compared to the front projector.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!