[mythtv-users] TV Recommendations

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Wed Feb 7 20:28:08 UTC 2007

Steven Adeff wrote:
> Of course, ot everyone can have a room with the lighting (or lack
> thereof) requirements required for front projection. But I agree, if I
> could have a room dedicated for a front projector that would be the
> way to go.

The thing is, the rear projection sets I've seen have almost as many
problems with lighting as front projection.  If you've got any light in
the room the black level goes to pot, and sunlight washes them out.  I
don't really see the attraction, except for them being cheaper than a
flat panel for the same screen size.