[mythtv-users] [Mythtv-Users} Mythmail Dead? anyone confirm deny....

Bill Bill at explosivo.com
Wed Feb 7 05:40:58 UTC 2007

On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 14:36:48 +1000
"David Whyte" <david.whyte at gmail.com> spake:

> On 2/7/07, Bill <Bill at explosivo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Mythtvosd is built with Myth now and is the only thing needed.  At
> > least issuing on the same machine.  Mythnotify I think is still in
> > contrib, but I am not entirely sure it is needed anymore (mythtvosd was
> > part of it at one point from what the readme says).
> >

> So is it a case of calling mythtvosd with the same params as you would
> have mythnotify?
>
> I.e.
>
> mythtvosd --xslfile callerid.xsl --bcast="255.255.255.255" --
> udpport_in=6947 --udpport_out=6948

I believe it is much simplier...

Something like:

mythtvosd --template=cid.xml --caller_name="Motherinlaw, Run"
--caller_number="888-555-1234"

This worked for me from the same machine, have not tried it from
others.  There is a readme file in the source tree... although it
generally just tells you how to make your own templates.