[mythtv-users] mythtv hardware plans

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Wed Feb 7 01:02:50 UTC 2007

Yan Seiner wrote:
> Taking this one step further, it would be good to have a script that
> could abstract the essentials of a Myth installation.  This would also
> help in troubleshooting....

OK, a bit of playing around...

It seems that

lshw -class multimedia -class display -class cpu -short

will provide just about the minimum amount of system info.

Anyone familiar enough with the database to pull some similar stuff out
about myth?

Basically the video cards it is compiled/configured for, the capture
cards it is using, etc.

I'll try to write a short shell script to pull some more stuff out of dmesg.

--Yan