[mythtv-users] mythtv hardware plans

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Tue Feb 6 22:36:11 UTC 2007

Nate Crosno wrote:
> I also think detailed specs on software configuration might be a good idea.
> There are so many settings available, it would be great to know what tweaking
> it took (if any) to get the specified hardware working.

Taking this one step further, it would be good to have a script that
could abstract the essentials of a Myth installation.  This would also
help in troubleshooting....

Basically something that would dump lspci (and possibly lsusb and lshw),
and pull some of the essentials out of the database and put everything
into a uniform format.

Ideally, at least two levels of verbosity - an abstract suitable for
posting to a list (say, less than 100 lines) and a full debug dump.

--Yan