[mythtv-users] MythTV : Thank You

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Feb 4 04:48:00 UTC 2007

* On Sat Feb 03, 2007 at 08:52:46PM -0700, Brian Wood wrote:
> out "format 25 floppy disks". Darkstar and later Slakware, way before
> RedHat 4.2 came out, I think that was the first RH, the 42 reference
> being pretty obvious.

As someone who started out running pre 1.x kernels and the SLS (Softlanding
Linux System) distribution and then went on to Slackware and RedHat, I
thought I'd mention that your memory is failing you a little. :)

    ftp://archive.download.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/

If you want a really old distro, check out the wikipedia page for SLS
and an archive of SLS v1.03, circa the fall of 1992.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Softlanding_Linux_System

    http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/historic-linux/distributions/sls/1.03/

We used to take down my friends 5-line BBS so that we could use all 5
lines to download the 30 floppy disks (10 less if you didn't want X)
via his internet account at school.  It still took what seemed like
a lifetime. :)

--
Chris