[mythtv-users] DVB-T card with high sensitivity

Mike Choy mike at acaciaclose.co.uk
Sat Feb 3 22:00:12 UTC 2007

Matt
sadly this is not really an option for digital reception. A more
sensitive card is also more sensitive to noise. You dont change the
signal to noise ratio by having a better card. There really is no option
than to either get the aerial re-done, or more likely the cause of your
problem is the down lead, which is probably an analogue grade downlead.
Replace with digital quality cable will make a huge diff. If you cant do
this then think about a signal booster as close to the aeriel its self
(ie up in the loft) that way you are not also amplifying the noise that
the downlead picks up.
have a read of this for more info
http://www.megalithia.com/elect/aerialsite/dttcon.html

Kind regards