[mythtv-users] DVB-T card with high sensitivity

Matthew Harrison lists at mwharrison.co.uk
Sat Feb 3 22:40:35 UTC 2007

Mike,

I've already done all of those suggestions that I can do without
ladders. The lead from the aerial is an old analogue grade one, but I've
put a distribution amp on the wall where the wire comes in. The back end
sits just under that. There is probably 2 meters of wire from the aerial
to the amp and half a meter from the amp to the backend.

I would be surprised if the capabilities of DVB cards have not improved
in the years since my card came out though. Perhaps sensitive was the
wrong word, perhaps discriminating would have been better. After all, a
better noise filter in the card's tuner should make a card better able
to pull the signal from the noise.

Matt,