[mythtv-users] Adjusting Brightness Levels

David Vasquez vasqued2 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 3 17:30:16 UTC 2007

I've been trying to adjust the brightness of my
recordings because they were too dark.  I've tried
multiple ways with mixed success.  I have two separate
capture cards (both PVR-250's) and a firewire
connection.

First, I adjusted the Recording brightness value in
the channel table but the cards behaved differently
and it seemed like some recordings weren't getting the
adjustments.

Second, I tried adjusting the Playback brightness and
this worked fine until I tried to watch a DVD and I
needed to readjust the Playback brightness back to its
original value.

Third, I found a comment in the Wiki that per-capture
card video adjustments were included in 0.20.  I then
looked at the capturecard table and noticed
brightness, contrast, etc. columns.

I also noticed that one capture card has brightness =
5240 and the other to 5784.  Also, the contrast for
one card is 0 and the other is 65261.  I suspect that
this is what is causing my cards to behave
differently.

Any information on how to use the values in the
capturecard table vs. the channel table would be
appreciated.

Thanks!
David