[mythtv-users] Not happy with StreamZap remote

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Feb 3 01:20:08 UTC 2007

On Feb 2, 2007, at 5:56 PM, Scott Johnson wrote:

> Thanks for all the replies.  I'll see if I can find the source of
> the interference.  My MythBox uses wireless networking.  If that's
> the problem then I'm not sure what to do.  I'll cross that bridge
> when I come to it.

I've certainly heard of RF gear getting into IR receivers. Try the
usual stuff, re-orient the antennas and/or the receiver. Turn off the
wireless gear and see of that makes the interference go away.

You could try going with 802.11a which operates on a different
frequency.

If you;re handy with a soldering iron you could try some bypass
capacitors and/or series chokes on the receiver, but don't do that
unless you know what you;re doing and are not worried about warranties.