[mythtv-users] OT: vonage callerID on mythtv

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Fri Feb 2 13:51:49 UTC 2007

On 2/1/2007 7:21 PM, Jeffrey Born wrote:
> OK I had mythPhone enabled.  Turned that off and I no longer get the
> SIP message about name and password.
>
> I don't however get any messages in the myth front end when I get a
> call via Vonage.
>
> I have two linksys switches in front of the vonage appliance, and have
> had Vonage for quite some time 3+ years.
>
> With that in mind I tried the following:
>
> ./vonageSniff.pl -ip=192.168.1.1 <http://192.168.1.1> -f 'udp and port
> 5060'
> ./vonageSniff.pl -ip=192.168.1.1 <http://192.168.1.1> -f 'udp and port
> 5061'
> ./vonageSniff.pl -ip=192.168.1.1 <http://192.168.1.1> -f 'udp and port
> 10000'
>
> Each time the output said the Filter was for upd port 5060.  Is it
> really filtering on a different port just says its filtering on 5060?

It might just have that output string hardcoded. I'm pretty sure the -f
should work, but if you want just edit the file and change the default
port to what your vonage box uses. The only other thing is the computer
you run the script on has to be able to hear the traffic for the vonage
box. I think most of us running it have a linux firewall that all
network traffic goes through. I think there was one person that had it
working on a separate computer. It could also be you are using switches
and not hubs. I think switches are smart and don't pass traffic that is
not to you. Where does the linux box sit in the picture?

- James