[mythtv-users] MythTV Wakeup Settings

Paul Turpin mythtv at formagio.net
Thu Feb 1 19:17:58 UTC 2007

You may want to check out the mythwelcome page at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Mythwelcome

 I was recently able to use it to get mythwelcome working for wakeup and
shutdown. Generally when using mythwelcome you should set your backend
settings to use the mythshutdown program:

client connected:           should be checked

     Idletimeout (secs):         any value greater that 0
     Wakeup time format:         yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm
     Set wakeup time command:    mythshutdown --setwakeup $time
     Server Halt command:        mythshutdown --shutdown

     Pre shutdown check command: mythshutdown --check

I also found that adding a "-v all" to the end of each of the mythshutdown
parameters helped greatly for debugging when things were not working
(looking in the backend log). Just one little warning, when mythshutdown
calls your shutdown script it will pass the shutdown time as the second
parameter, not the first (at least if you are using 20, with trunk it is
more configurable i believe).