[mythtv-users] MythTV Wakeup Settings

Tim Weber tmweber at mtu.edu
Thu Feb 1 17:34:27 UTC 2007

I'm trying to get the Shutdown/Wakeup working using the Alternative Method
listed at the end of http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Shutdown_Wakeup
The basic idea is instead of changing the Alarm Resume setting in BIOS, keep
that set at a constant time and change the system time in the BIOS right
before shutting down.  It is then changed back before starting Mythbackend
when the system resumes.

I have the setup working outside of MythTV.  When I run settime "YYYY-MM-DD
HH:MM:SS" and shutdown it starts as I set it with the time reset correctly.
The problem I have is getting MythTV to work with these scripts.  I want to
use Mythwelcome so when I exit frontend it will show up and shutdown my
computer as the Backend allows it. With my current settings, Mythwelcome
shows when I exit frontend, but when it is idle, it counts down to 10 and
then does nothing.  My current settings are as follows:

In mythtv-setup (Shutdown/Wakeup Settings):

Block shutdown before client connected: No
Idle Timeout: 120 sec
Max wait for recording: 15 min
Startup before rec: 160 sec
wakeup time format: time_t
Set wakeuptime command: /usr/sbin/settime
Server halt command: /sbin/halt -p
Pre Shutdown check command : exit 0

In mythwelcome --setup:

nvram wakeup command : blank
nvram-wakeup restart command
command to reboot: /sbin/reboot
command to shutdown: /sbin/poweroff
command to run Xterm: xterm
command to run to start frontend: /usr/bin/mythfrontend

System Specs
KnoppMyth R5D1
Intel Celeron 3.06GHz
MSI PM8M-V Motherboard