[mythtv-users] 802.11n for a frontend?

Lee Koloszyc teething12 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 31 14:48:58 UTC 2007

On Saturday 29 December 2007, John D. Friesen wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I don't see 802.11g cutting it (although correct me if I'm wrong), so I'm wondering if
> any of the 802.11n cards work with Linux yet?

Currently I have a Linksys WMP300N in my backend/frontend machine
connecting to a WRT330N router.
I think I posted speed tests at some point, but it was faster than my
100Mbps lan connection.  It was able to stream a 720p movie from my NAS
box and stream 1080i tv shows from it without a hiccup. I'm pretty sure
it could stream a 1080p movie, by my frontend processor get's maxed
out.  The only problem I seem to have is when archiving my stuff from
myth to NAS is the machine basically freezes when copying large amounts
of data over NFS even though the processor is only at a few percent, not
sure how to fix this.

Lee