[mythtv-users] Slow recordings list in high resolution

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Fri Dec 28 19:21:25 UTC 2007

HI!

Paul Mason wrote:

Thanks for the pointer. I had seen this, but I was already using the
NVidia binary driver.

However, I found out what it was today.

BTW, I also discovered, that it is depending on the theme. For example
Titivillus and MythCenter-Wide are slow, MePo-Wide and Blootube-Wide are
fast. Maybe it depends on how the theme is drawing the menu.

OK, I finally copied my Gentoo PXE installation onto a disk (to make
sure it is NOT PXE related) and then had a playground system to try more
things, like using exactly the same NVidia driver and kernel config like
my fast Fedora installation.

Nothing helped UNTIL I upgraded to Xorg 1.4.0 (unstable in the Gentoo
repository). And this fixed it! My Gentoo playground system is now as
fast as my Fedora system.

So, it's maybe a bug in Xorg 1.2.0 and 1.3.0.

For the archive: If navigating through the list of recordings is slow in
high resolution with some themes, then try another Xorg version!

Thomas