[mythtv-users] DVD copy protection issue?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 16:48:27 UTC 2007

On 27/12/2007, Al McIntosh <junkmail at allanmcintosh.com> wrote:
> Nick Morrott wrote:
> > On 27/12/2007, Al McIntosh <junkmail at allanmcintosh.com> wrote:

> >> xine exits with the following error:
> >> CRC check failed! a52: error at resampling
> >>

> > If you play the DVD and select a different audio track, do you see the
> > same crashing behaviour?
>
> In the mean time, I assume you're trying to rule in/out an audio issue?

The a52-related error made me wonder whether the error is in a DD5.1
audio stream - by choosing another audio stream (or the stereo mix of
the main title) you might be able to rule this out.

As others in the thread have pointed out, computer-based DVD-ROM
drives can be a lot less forgiving than a cheap consumer DVD player
when playing/ripping commercially pressed discs.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/