[mythtv-users] Grouping in MythVideo?

jedi at mishnet.org jedi at mishnet.org
Thu Dec 27 14:49:19 UTC 2007

>> I would really like to be able to group on metadata fields in
>> MythVideo instead of having to put everything in multiple folders in
>> the file system.
>
> I would too (like the functionality). The limited time before a release
> coupled with my hopes for an updated patch finding its way to that ticket,
> and well, it was already on borrowed time.

    There are a number of areas where the metadata in mythvideo
could be improved. There are a number of attributes that you can
get from tv.com that aren't defined in the current schema. You would
need to add those before a databased sorted view in the frontend UI
would be really useful.

    Feature parity with Recordings would be cool.

    Ordering & playing both recordings and videos by season and
episode number would also be most cool.

    Some of this stuff you can implement yourself with shell scripts
if you are too impatient to wait but not impatient enough to start
slogging through the C++ source.