[mythtv-users] Problems about radio!!

Per Jørgensen myth at pbj-design.dk
Tue Dec 25 10:48:58 UTC 2007

Hey Myth Users.

I concured a problem in my setup that I'll like to get some help with.
The stadard setup.
I have a Mythbackend running out in the back with all music
recordins,music etc placed on.
The shares are handled with NFS.
But I also have a Happauge PVR500 installed in that (only tuner yet)
In that Tuner card - there's also a Radio input. I have followed this
guide from mythTV wiki:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Fm_radio

And on the Backend it seems to run perfect without any errors. But since
I don't run the Frontend here - I have only put in the files in /usr/bin
- this means mythfm and mythfm_kill
(I have later on tried also to add the GUI changes here - but since I
don't use the GUI on this machine - I cannot see the cause of that.

On my Frontends in the livingroom and bedroom - I want to be able to
hear radio.I use Titivillus as the theme for all frontends - could it be
there - somethings goes wrong?

So I followed the guide - made the changes to mainmenu.xml and added the
fmmenu.xml
And the menu also appears in the Frontend windows of MythTV.
But when i push the button for beeing able to choose which channels I
want to hear. MythFrontend just shuts down with out any errors.

So what am I doing wrong or isn't it possible to do this kind of radio
listening.
Here's which conf files I made:
*/usr/bin/mythfm:*
#!/bin/bash
# Control PVR-500 FM in MythTV

if [ "$1" = "radio100fm" ]; then
        # First make sure all others streamings are killed.
        /usr/bin/mythfm_kill
        echo "I'm about to play:"$1
        /usr/bin/ivtv-radio -d /dev/radio0 -f 100,0 &

elif [ "$1" = "radioslr" ]; then
        # First make sure all others streamings are killed.
        /usr/bin/mythfm_kill
        echo "I'm about to play:"$1
        /usr/bin/ivtv-radio -d /dev/radio0 -f 92,9 &

elif [ "$1" = "p3" ]; then
        # First make sure all others streamings are killed.
        /usr/bin/mythfm_kill
        echo "I'm about to play:"$1
        /usr/bin/ivtv-radio -d /dev/radio0 -f 99,6 &

elif [ "$1" = "p4" ]; then
        # First make sure all others streamings are killed.
        /usr/bin/mythfm_kill echo "I'm about to play:"$1
        /usr/bin/ivtv-radio -d /dev/radio0 -f 97,5 &

else
        exit 1
fi
exit 0

*/usr/bin/mythfm_kill:*
#!/bin/bash
# Kill mythfm from playing other radio stations
pkill -f aplay

*/usr/share/mythtv/mainmenu.xml:*
Added these lines:
   <button>
        <type>MUSIC</type>
        <text>Play Radio</text>
        <text lang="DK">Afspil Radio</text>
        <action>MENU fmmenu.xml</action>
   </button>

*and last I added the file /usr/share/mythtv/fmmenu.xml*
<!-- Made for adding radiochannels to MythTV -->
<mythmenu name="FMMENU">

        <button>
                <type>MUSIC</type>
                <text>Radio 100FM - 100,0</text>
                <action>EXEC /usr/bin/mythfm radio100fm</action>
        </button>

        <button>
                <type>MUSIC</type>
                <text>Radio SLR - 92,9</text>
                <action>EXEC /usr/bin/mythfm radioslr</action>
        </button>

        <button>
                <type>MUSIC</type>
                <text>P3 - 99,6</text>
                <action>EXEC /usr/bin/mythfm p3</action>
        <button>

        <button>
                <type>MUSIC</type>
                <text>P4 - 97,5</text>
                <action>EXEC /usr/bin/mythfm p4</action>
        <button>

        <button>
                <type>TV_DELETE</type>
                <text>Stop Radio afspilning</text>
                <action>EXEC /usr/bin/mythfm_kill</action>
        </button>

</mythmenu>

But each time I want to hear the radio - the frontend just shuts down.
Can anybody help me with that or see any mistakes that I'd made????

Thanks
Per Jørgensen