[mythtv-users] record the SECOND showing of a program each day

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 22:56:05 UTC 2007

On 22/12/2007, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca> wrote:
> The easiest fix (for me) would be if the station renamed each news slot for
> its showing - there are actually 3 per day usually (noon, 6pm and 11:30om),
> all with the same name.
>
> Another solution would be to just define the preceding national news (amenable
> to Find One) to run an extra half-hour, but it wouldn't be commflagged until
> the full hour was recorded since I don't do on-the-fly commflagging and there
> is no per-rule on-the-fly comflagging.

If you want to being able to specify a 'fuzzy' timeslot, create a
custom recording rule and specify a window containing the earliest and
latest program.starttime that the program is likely to start at. The
scheduler can then schedule recordings even if the start time moves
forwards/backwards by a few minutes.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: