[mythtv-users] record the SECOND showing of a program each day

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Sat Dec 22 22:12:17 UTC 2007

On Saturday 22 December 2007 14:19, Marc Sherman wrote:
> Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> > Record in this time slot each day is the rule you want.
>
> I'm pretty sure that's what he was using, but as he says, the timeslot
> isn't consistent -- it nominally starts at 11:30, but because of the
> Sopranos' unusual runtimes leading into the news, this week it's
> scheduled for 11:37 last night, 11:42 tonight, 11:43 tomorrow night,
> back to 11:37 on wednesday, etc.
>
> Does "in this timeslot" have some kind of grace period for when the
> timeslot starts slightly later than usual?
>
> Of course, the OP could just wait a couple more months, and the problem
> will suddenly disappear without any kind of satisfying resolution. :)

Right - that timeslot is vulnerable to whatever "big" show they have running
before the news. Lately it's The Sopranos, before that was "Dancing with the
Stars".

The easiest fix (for me) would be if the station renamed each news slot for
its showing - there are actually 3 per day usually (noon, 6pm and 11:30om),
all with the same name.

Another solution would be to just define the preceding national news (amenable
to Find One) to run an extra half-hour, but it wouldn't be commflagged until
the full hour was recorded since I don't do on-the-fly commflagging and there
is no per-rule on-the-fly comflagging.