[mythtv-users] Adding new windows pc's to Myth setup?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Dec 12 21:25:34 UTC 2007

On Dec 12, 2007, at 12:42 PM, Mike Dent wrote:

> Apart from it being cool for them to run Myth, what advantage would
> they have accessing the fe/be downstairs?

Sorry, I didn't answer this part.

The advantage is that all your systems will have access to the same
recorded programs, videos, music, photos, etc. It no longer matters
where you are when you want to watch something. You said they will
each have a capture card, so another advantage is that you'll be
adding 2 slave backends to your setup which can be used to resolve
recording conflicts. Of course, having slave backends in the hands of
children may not be a great idea since they have a tendency to turn
off a computer when they're done with it and not check to see if their
machine is recording soemething. I recommend pulling out their capture
cards and putting them in a machine that you have complete control
over as a slave backend then just run the frontend on their machines.