[mythtv-users] Debugging font problems

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Dec 10 16:52:28 UTC 2007

On 12/10/2007 10:19 AM, Ralph van Etten wrote:
> I have some problems with fonts. They all look the same, even when I
> change the theme and use different font names.

Why are you trying to change them?  Do your fonts look wrong, i.e.
overlapping and improperly scaled, in the OSD during playback?  If so,
your system has a bug, and, though we haven't found a fix (or even
identified the actual bug), you can work around this by commenting all
the <filename> elements in osd.xml (so it uses the "default" font) and
change the setting "OSD font" (I think that's in TV Playback in
0.20-fixes, but might be in Appearance).

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/294597#294597
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/295279#295279

>  I suspect there is
> something wrong with my X setup.
> Does mythtv report an error when it can not find the specified font ? If
> so, where can I find this error message ?
Depends on what fonts you're talking about.  There's a huge difference
between the way the fonts in the UI and the fonts in the OSD are handled.

If you let us know exactly what's wrong, it's easier to help you fix the
problem.

Mike