[mythtv-users] Xbox 360 HD-DVD

Bob mythtv at cox.net
Sun Dec 9 05:16:18 UTC 2007

Steven Adeff wrote:
> On Dec 1, 2007 5:42 PM, Bob <mythtv at cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Craig Fry wrote:
>>
>>> Has anyone used the Xbox 360 USB HD-DVD drive with Mythtv?
>>>

>> I have not used the USB drive.
>>
>> I have, however, purchased the drive inside the XBOX 360 HD-DVD drive
>> (Toshiba SD-S802A) and built an adapter with an ATAPI connection and
>> used it with my desktop Linux system.  I plan to install this drive into
>> my mythtv system shortly.
>>
>> Bob
>>

> please let us know how it goes!

I have installed the drive.  Selected dmesg output:

Probing IDE interface ide1...
hdc: TOSHIBA DVD/HD X807616, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
hdc: ATAPI 15X DVD-ROM drive, 2048kB Cache, UDMA(33)

I have been able to mount HD-DVD media, DVD media, and CD media.  The
only thing I cannot get working is audio CD media.  I keep getting:

cdrom: This disc doesn't have any tracks I recognize!

I'm not sure what to make of that since I was able to read a data CD-ROM.

Bob