[mythtv-users] Gotchas replacing FC6 disk with new one?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 03:20:27 UTC 2007

I plan to move /, /var, /boot, and swap partitions on my Fedora Core 6
MythTV backend from the current hard drive to another before I deal
with upgrading.  Are there any gotchas I need to deal with in the
process (e.g., disk uuids, disk labels)?

Note that I plan to replace the old disk with the new one, so I've
already considered and eliminated the need to modify the entries
in /etc/fstab, etc.

Anything else I need to do, or will such things be taken care of
automatically if I use parted to move/copy the old partition contents
to their replacements on the new disk drive?

Craig.