[mythtv-users] OT: Increasing Console Buffer Size in Fedora

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Dec 7 04:34:23 UTC 2007

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 06, 2007 at 07:49:14PM +0000, R. G. Newbury wrote:
>> I don't follow what you mean by 'in a GUI'. I'm running this in a
>> console window...
>
> The problem is that you're using the phrase "console window".
>
> Consoles are those text things you get on the screen after boot; you
> switch between them using Alt-F1 through Alt-F12.  They're not in
> windows; they take up the whole screen.
>
> If they're in windows, under X, then they're not really "console"
> windows; they're "terminal" or "shell" windows.  (Except in a special
> case where you can pick up the "system console" and put it in an X
> window...

I stand, or sit, corrected..Actually, you gave a link which discussed
the differences.

So, yes, I am using a terminal window and I would like to increase its
buffer. (It is now clear that a console window's buffer is even smaller
than a terminal's buffer).

Any thoughts...Or should I just go with 'script' or
re-directs...arrrggghhhh! more bits of information to stuff into the
grey stuff. No wonder my hair is grey!

But my mythfilldatabase works!

Geoff