[mythtv-users] OT: Increasing Console Buffer Size in Fedora

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Dec 7 02:55:12 UTC 2007

On Thu, Dec 06, 2007 at 07:49:14PM +0000, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> I don't follow what you mean by 'in a GUI'. I'm running this in a
> console window...

The problem is that you're using the phrase "console window".

Consoles are those text things you get on the screen after boot; you
switch between them using Alt-F1 through Alt-F12.  They're not in
windows; they take up the whole screen.

If they're in windows, under X, then they're not really "console"
windows; they're "terminal" or "shell" windows.  (Except in a special
case where you can pick up the "system console" and put it in an X
window...

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Witty slogan redacted until AMPTP stop screwing WGA