[mythtv-users] Getting started

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 17:12:11 UTC 2007

On 12/4/07, Michael Rice <mikerice1969 at gmail.com> wrote:
> You'll need to make sure .lircrc is readable by the user running mythfrontend.
> I have mine in ~mythtv/.lircrc with a symbolic link to it in ~mythtv.  And
> make sure /dev/lirc* has correct permissions for the mythtv user.

Guess I was half asleep when I wrote this.  The .lircrc file is in
~mythtv/.mythtv.  I believe that is where myth finds it.  The symbolic
link in the ~mythtv directory is there so applications looking in the
user's home directory (like mplayer) can find it.

I've been through setting up lirc on 3-4 frontends with 3-4 different
IR receivers and remotes and each one is just different enough to
cause some frustration.