[mythtv-users] Damn you Time Warner

Sean Goodpasture goofygrin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 16:04:43 UTC 2007

On Dec 4, 2007 9:50 AM, Jason Sullivan <jason0x21 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 4, 2007 10:41 AM, Sean Goodpasture <goofygrin at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > My choice here is TW or AT&T Uverse.  Uverse is hella lame.  At least TW
> has
> > the locals in QAM.
> >

> Is that the service with AT&Ts fiber to the home?  I'm considering
> that strongly, since TW seems to exist to tick me off.  What's hella
> lame about Uverse?
>

> --
> Jason Sullivan
> jason0x21 at gmail.com

In some places it's fiber to the home, in most it's fiber to the curb.

Here's why I got rid of it (I had it for about 3 months, went through 3
replacement RG's, 4 replacement STBs, 2 replacement DVRs, 3 ports on the
DSLAM, 2 cards in the DSLAM):
- random, multi-day outages (and clueless techs)
- single HD stream only (and we've got lots of HDTV's)
- DVR is a joke
- HD quality is super poor, pixelated and unwatchable for sports

the SD quality was VERY good though and the internet portion was pretty good
when it was up.

If you value HDTV, then Uverse is not for you.

It was awesome when AT&T was saying there wasn't an outage in my area and if
I went outside, there were no less than 8 AT&T trucks on my small
residential street on service calls.

This is in the Frisco, TX area, BTW.