[mythtv-users] S-Video Challenges

Rob Ogle rogle at css1.net
Mon Dec 3 23:19:10 UTC 2007

It's a Mythbuntu 7.10 distro. PVR 500, 2.2GB RAM P4 3GHz cpu, 160 SATA.

I'm seeing a blue line with an otherwise blank screen. I'll try to find the
xorg.conf file and tinker with it. Thank you.

I decided to "punt" because I promised someone that I'd record some shows
for him tonight. I hooked up my standard monitor to the vga so I could now
see the menus, only to realize that all channels above 13 show static! Of
course, the channel I need to record is 16. I have the cable coming directly
into the tuner/coax on the pvr 500.

I keep hitting issue after issue. I'm beginning to wonder if the $10/month
to Comcast will be easier than all of these headaches.