[mythtv-users] Slow MySQL query after delete

Pamela J. Ashworth (webmail) pashworth at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 2 15:59:14 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----

does it happen if you create a playlist and delete the playlist? (just wondering as I used to have trouble with that. I have my machine set up to delete slowly now, because I saw the option for it and because deletes were glitching my playback as I was recording onto DVD (analog via video cables).)

I saw the scheduler one night. I was recording three shows and  then three more and it was near the top of the hour and all the tuners were changing (on a system with 512MB RAM and 2400(Mhz?) cpu.) My brother has this little program and it watched the messages (from the backend log maybe) in realtime and when the hour hit - it nearly just froze (I think perhaps, the first time, mythfill chose that moment to run (arrgghhh). the second time, i was just the scheduler.) Ultimately, it got everything done and if there were glitches, they must have hit the commercials as I never saw/heard them. but it was pretty scary to watch at the time, considering that we'd had three different 10pm lockups by then (I think we had a rootkit?) and I thought I was seeing another one (and the system takes 4 minutes to reboot - a fact which NBC cares nothing about. I *like* teasers, and I like seeing the lat 30 seconds of Grey's)

but no, as Jay asked me the other night, I haven't done any mutiple deletes lately unless I did them with a Delete Playlist

--
Pam from Boston
"You're going to have to explain it. Bear with the rest of us mortals as we stumble blindly along in your shadow." -- Stacy, in Sy's House fanfic  "Of a Thursday"