[mythtv-users] Myth RPMs for Fedora Core 5

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Thu Aug 23 16:22:30 UTC 2007

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007, CHRIS KOTTING wrote:

> Along this line, I'm currently upgrading a combined FC5-based MythTV
> frontend/backend to FC6 using yum (in preparation for the SD change to be
> available from Axel).  I'm documenting the process and once everything is

I highly recomend booting from media to do the base OS upgrade, not doing it
on the live machine with yum. It works, but is more problematic then
upgrading from anaconda then doing a yum update.

I upgraded several machines (though not running myth) from 5 to 7 directly
with no problems.  My 6 to 7 upgrade of my Myth machine had no problems at
all, the Fedora 6 RPMs even ran the first time the machine boot up as Fedora
7, then 'yum update' brought down the new packages.

-Chris