[mythtv-users] Myth RPMs for Fedora Core 5

CHRIS KOTTING ckotting at wideopenwest.com
Thu Aug 23 19:18:22 UTC 2007

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 12:22:30 -0400 (EDT), Christopher X. Candreva wrote
> On Thu, 23 Aug 2007, CHRIS KOTTING wrote:
>
> > Along this line, I'm currently upgrading a combined FC5-based MythTV
> > frontend/backend to FC6 using yum (in preparation for the SD change to
be
> > available from Axel).  I'm documenting the process and once everything is
>
> I highly recomend booting from media to do the base OS upgrade, not
> doing it on the live machine with yum. It works, but is more
> problematic then upgrading from anaconda then doing a yum update.
>
> I upgraded several machines (though not running myth) from 5 to 7
> directly with no problems.  My 6 to 7 upgrade of my Myth machine had
> no problems at all, the Fedora 6 RPMs even ran the first time the
> machine boot up as Fedora 7, then 'yum update' brought down the new
packages.

> -Chris

Thanks, Chris.  (Sheesh, I feel like I'm talking to myself again...)  ;-)

I normally go that route, but the optical drive on my BE/BE system croaked,
so I thought I'd give this a shot.  If it works, it's at least an available
option.  Thus far, the only snag I've hit is a dependency problem that I got
past by upgrading ivtv before upgrading everything else.

If I can get the optical drive replaced in time, I will probably go the DVD-
ROM route for the Core 6 to 7 upgrade.

Chris K.