[mythtv-users] Alternatives to Supporting schedulesdirect.org

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Wed Aug 8 05:10:27 UTC 2007

On Aug 7, 2007, at 9:59 PM, Robert Current wrote:
> They say they are paying COX now,
> because they get a good deal on high speed internet AND cable, and
> would like to stick with a good, legal, safe solution.  They said they
> have free data from COX on the website, and free data from
> titantv.com, and want to know with all the free data, why should they
> pay anything?  So I promised to ask on this forum, only to get really
> hostile reactions.

Well, OK, thanks for clarifying.  You never really said what your
problem was with SchedulesDirect, before.

Didn't someone mention having written a screen scraper for
titantv.com, earlier?  Maybe you should talk to them, since they
apparently already have a solution going.  (Or maybe that was TiVo's
website.  I can't remember, now.)

You need to find someone else who is also interested in screen-
scraping, and knows how to code.  Most people seem to feel that it's
worth their while to pay SchedulesDirect for data to avoid the
headaches of screen-scraping, but if getting the data for free is
more important to you than the extra maintenance, you just need to
find someone else who feels the same way.  I think you may be
mistaking lack of interest for hostility.