[mythtv-users] Slightly OT - Keyboards

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Mon Apr 30 04:19:16 UTC 2007

Damian Surr wrote:
> Maybe I'm just been paranoid. I'm sure a wireless keyboard would produce
> much less poison into the air waves than something like a mobile phone.

Mobile phones can produce up to 5 watts, if I remember right.  Most
wireless keyboards are putting out much less than one watt, and most
transmit only when a key is pressed.  That's about as minimal an amount
of RF exposure as you're going to get from a wireless device.

That said, I have an IR keyboard.  This one:
http://www.pctekonline.com/skcomwirkeyw.html
It's cheap and it works very nicely.  The range is good; even bouncing
off walls works well.  The batteries last months as long as I don't
accidentally set something on top of the keyboard. ;)  I don't think I
got it from that vendor in particular; that's just the first one that
came up when I did a Google search on the model number.