[mythtv-users] Commercial skip & next weeks preview

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Apr 2 21:48:09 UTC 2007

On 04/02/2007 04:31 PM, Tom Lichti wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> On 04/02/2007 03:19 PM, Tom Lichti wrote:
>>> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> However, it seems that no-one made the changes that Chris Pinkham had
>> mentioned (
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/217500#217500 ) so
>> that it would work with auto-skip enabled.  I thought I remembered
>> someone having coded a patch and it being committed (and didn't feel
>> like changing my config to auto-skip and testing it), but I was wrong.
>> Maybe next time I get some Myth-hacking time, I'll code up the patch so
>> I'm right next time this comes up...
> How about now? ;)

I can't believe you just did that...  I was going to throw together the
patch and mail it to you--completely untested--to let you do the hard
part (the testing).

Then, when I got in there, I started looking and found there's another
place that needs updating for manual-skip mode.  As a matter of fact,
it's the one that Chris mentioned here
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/217500#217500 and
that I unknowingly pointed out in the post to which Chris was responding
and the one whose existence I subjectively disavowed in my response
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/217645#217645 .  The
reason I subjectively disavowed its existence is because my usage of
MythTV (and most users' usage) makes the one forgotten place an extreme
corner case.

Unfortunately, one adjective that describes me better than "lazy" does
is "compulsive," so once I found the bug, I couldn't walk away without
stepping on it.  It was just as easy to test two cases as one, so,
surprise (and enjoy the patch that will be up soon--unless I don't have
enough time to do finish the build before How I Met Your Mother in 2 1/4
hours)...

Mike